my email address: yvonnelau78@gmail.com

Sunday, January 10, 2010

BROTHERLY LOVE

I took this video some time middle of 2009. What prompted me to record this was the patience that Javen showed to Joshua. He was full of brotherly love and patiently taught Joshua how to hold the guitar properly. They, in fact, spent about an hour in the room. Why was I pleased?
Simply because Javen is a very active and impatient boy and what he did that day was a very nice gesture from him. It was the soft side of him that I seldom see - he's usually the cool, macho guy!


Guess brothers are like that - one minute they hug and kiss each other, the very next, they could be fighting! Whatever it is, as parents, we must remember that each child is an individual and in my opinion, we cannot treat each child the same. Yes, we love every one unconditionally, but at the same time, we must know how to guide and nurture them, differently if necessary. That doesn't mean that we love one more than the other. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment